Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life Without My Best Friend

Life without my best friend is minimal at best.
He's almost like a type of glue,
When I look at him, he seems to hold my everything together.

Our life together has been shaken by the normal transitions of life.
Graduation, to name one, has been placed in the center,
Our relationship has been left behind.

I am jealous of graduation.
It is what he is striving for, what he needs.
For this brief moment in time, I am not. I hate it.

I wish this time would hurry up and pass
So that our love can take the wheel again
And this ceaseless fighting might end.

I will admit, there were problems before the transition.
This turbulence has been in the making,
But the transition brought everything in our faces.

Now with it staring back at us,
How will we react? How might this change relations forever?
I am both excited and terrified to find out.

Cause like I said...
Life without my best friend is minimal at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment